Monday, April 20, 2009

What's in a Name?



The Masters call me Xavier. They both had liked the name prior me joining the family. I did some research and found out the origin of my name:

XAVIER
Gender: Masculine
Usage:
English, French, Portuguese, Catalan
Derived from the Basque place name Etxaberri meaning "the new house". This was the surname of the Jesuit priest Saint Francis Xavier (1506-1552). He was a missionary to India, Japan, China, and other areas in eastern Asia, and he is the patron saint of the Orient and missionaries. His surname has since been adopted as a given name in his honour, chiefly among Catholics.



My name is Blizzard. I'm half Samoyed and half Husky, thus my all white exterior. When I was a little puppy, Mommy and Daddy had to drive through some icky weather in the dead of winter to come and get me from my biological Mommy. It was snowing a lot that night. It was Daddy who thought of the name, Blizzard. I think it suits me pawfectly. Mommy had some crazy ideas for names like Merlin and Cyclone...I love her to death but I'm sure thankful for Daddy's creative mind.






Xanza is my name! I am not sure I fully understand it but Mom and Dad says I was named after a fictional anime character. The show is called Rurouri Kenshin. Has to do with samurais. OMG! How cool is that!! The character used a big weapon called a zanbato and when he used it, he called himself Zanza. Mom and Dad replaced the "Z" with an "X" (it's a German Shepard thing - woot!).

0 comments: